Worship Musical Arts Leader - Peace Dale, RI
Title: Worship Musical Arts Leader
Employment Type: Part-time. 30 to 35 hours per week combined onsite/off site
Salary: $35,000 -Salary negotiable commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Supervisor: Senior Minister
Purpose: The Worship Musical Arts Leader works with the Senior Minister and Worship Team to develop sensory-rich worship experiences. This may include ministries of music, drama, dance and visual arts that engages the congregation in deeper relationship with God, empowering the congregation to express that faith in the world.
- Committed Christian and spiritual leader in word and deed.
- Comfortable with the Theology of the United Church of Christ
- College degree in music or film scoring (or comparable experience.)
- Flexibility with worship styles, innovations and practices.
- Familiarity with a variety of music genres including faith-based Christian music.
- Training and/or experience in worship planning/design. (or willingness to be trained)
- Possess strengths in the areas of motivating others, community building, management skills, and teamwork.
- Work under the direction of the Senior Minister.
- Provide accompaniment on piano, keyboard, organ or guitar.
- Recruit, lead and conduct choirs, ensembles, orchestral instruments, praise team band, worship arts soundscapes.
- Compose/arrange underscoring of varied worship elements, musical transitions, congregational music making and simple series theme songs.
- Collaborate with audio-visual technicians.
- Music is elevated in this position because of its naturally broader role and higher profile in our typical worship settings. As growing elements of worship, the various other art forms are to be drawn into worship in a complementary and edifying manner in order to offer a fuller experience of worshiping God.
- Oversee teams that create music and soundscapes for the worship experiences.
- Develop a long-range worship plan in collaboration with the Senior Minister and Worship Planning Team.
- Plan Sunday morning services is consultation with the Senior Minister and Worship Planning Team for all worship services each week.
- Offer a high-quality, varied music ministry that enhances weekly worship by creating a comprehensive music, integrated arts and worship experience.
- Assist in identifying and training volunteers and other resources for music worship arts.
- Lead all rehearsals for musicians and choirs as well as coordinating with worship arts participants.
- Attend staff meetings (biweekly), Music Committee Meetings (Monthly), Worship Team Meetings (TBD).
- Assist in planning and implementing various musical worship arts events or special services that may fulfill our vision (Holy Week, Music Sunday, Christmas Eve and special services).
- Recruit and rehearse with guest artists as necessary.
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Senior Minister.
Contact: Rachel Sheldon
261 Columbia St Peace Dale RI 02879